Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ghost Kitties !!!

Last night it happened again! I went to bed and was having a hard time getting to sleep. You know the routine,toss this way, turn the other, kick the blankets/sheet off, imaginary itch here and there, every little noise amplified. With Jack and I we also have 3 small poodles and anywhere from 1 to 3 cats squeezed into their places on our bed.
So I'm laying there and I feel what I think is one of the cats stepping on the bed about 2 to 3 inches next to my foot then it casually and slowly walks up to about my knee level. I, thinking it's one of the cats, don't do anything, UNTIL it starts to walk BACKWARDS back twords the foot of the bed!!! I realize it never turned around to walk back! So I bolt upright to see who it was, no cat there.

I hear my cat Honeybun just jump down off the kitchen table just then, I can tell because of the bell on her collar. Okay that's where she was...
LittleBit is on the top of my pillow, above my head snoozing and Mikey is spooned up in my belly (he's also looking in the direction of the ghost kitty), Charlie was catting around outside for the night and Skippy NEVER gets on the bed at night (too crowded I think! Smart cat!).All three dogs are in their special spots between us and at Jack's foot, soooooo.....

Unless we acquired any new critter I don't know about,I think we have a ghost kitty or maybe more than one.

Makes sense if you believe in ghosts or spirits, still creepy though. It made me wonder which one it was as we have had a few that passed away or have disappeared.
This isn't the first time it's happened. There have been many times I've experienced this throughout the years. I just wish if it were one of them I could identify who it is. I usually go through the litany of names of the deceased or departed and it goes something like this "I know your there Bandit, Spot, Buttercup, Bowwow,etc,etc,etc,
I still love ya, feel at home, I miss you"

and then I CAN'T get to sleep at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment